HOME            ABOUT           PHOTOS           TRAVEL             LIFESTYLE            WRITINGS





16 November 2017

ANOTHER LETTER TO AUDREY


Dear Audrey, 

Hi, it's been a long time. How are you? 
That's a really silly question to ask. I'm sure you're perfect up there. 

I miss you. I miss my best friend. 



It has been years. I'm turning 23 soon
Which means you're turning 23 too.
It's so crazy to think that we're in our early 20s.

We would've grown together and learn so much along the way,
and still be the best of friends.

Doing shopping together, me sleeping over at yours.
Or maybe Skype calling, because I'm all the way here in London.

We'll be talking about boys. 
Whether you have a boyfriend,
or maybe about how you hate boys,
and how I have a boyfriend.
Haha.

You would be telling me what music I should listen to.
What movies I should see,
and we'd binge watch series,
Netflix and chill all the time.

By the way, I have graduated. I got a First class degree!!
I studied Biomedical Science, which I did not regret at all. 
Definitely the right field for me.

I wonder what would you have taken up in university?

We'd be both graduates by now. 
Officially unemployed, and desperate for a job.
A job to pay for our future travels and a place of our own.

___

We're doing well down here.
But really, you're much better up there.
You wouldn't have to worry about getting a job,
feel devastated about wars happening in different parts of the world,
and don't get me started on how messed up society is.

You wouldn't experience breaking up with friends,
figuring out how to adult,
be in a lot of student debt,
suffer the consequences of your female hormones.
Haha.

Though honestly, 
 it's still hard to think about the what ifs and could haves if you were still here.
We would be doing sooo much together!
Achieving our goals,
setting new ones
and making memories.

_____

I wish I could put our memories in a jar, and bottle it up forever.

The memories become distant year after year.
I seem to not remember minor details from when we were together,
or the things you've told me.

But I will never forget you Audrey.
I still think about you,
and remember you as the bubbly but sassy girl that you were.
The best friend that I love very much.

Again, thank you for everything.
Thank you for treating me like family,
for the laughter every time we do something silly,
for the secrets you've told me that were most likely about petty high school drama,
and of course, 
for being part of my life.


With lots of love,
Chrizzia

x








No comments:

Post a Comment