HOME            ABOUT           PHOTOS           TRAVEL             LIFESTYLE            WRITINGS





11 January 2017

OF GOALS AND RESOLUTIONS


I know some people have negative connotations on resolutions especially on the new year. Mainly because it never gets done and nothing happens. But for me, I don't think there's anything wrong with trying to set goals and becoming a better person than you were before. It doesn't have to be the new year, you just have to decide when to start and why you're doing it.

Here are 5 things I want myself to be better at and will work on this year and the years after :)



1. Be braver

One of my goals for this year is to travel completely alone. I want to step out of my comfort zone and test how far my capabilities go. This thought makes me scared and excited at the same time. Fingers crossed I'll be brave enough to push through with it. 

Also, be braver in a sense of being confident with my self. To be brave not to shy away from opportunities and face every difficult situation with a strong mind and heart. To be able to say no to things I'm not comfortable with, but also say yes to things that will make me happy.

2. Self-love

I think I did well with taking care of myself last 2016, starting on quitting my part-time job that made me so miserable for such a long time. I want to keep doing that this year and the decades more to come. I guess there will be more bubble baths and enough sleep for me this year. Haha. 


3. Build relationships

I am a very introverted person, and sometimes I use it as a too much of an excuse to not build relationships and friendships with people. When in fact, I just have this wall keeping others out. This year, I'd want to slowly break that wall and let people in and create more genuine friendships. Also, work on my small talk.

4. Not be lazy

I could sometimes be a very lazy person and leave everything last minute or not do it at all. I know, very bad habit. Change is not something instant, but I'd like to try from now on and not be lazy when making plans and pushing through with it. To set a goal and work hard to get it. To not be lazy in putting effort and doing things for other people. Maybe reply to messages quicker and not let a week pass by before replying. 

Most especially, to always give my best on whatever I'm doing and not do it half-arsed. This includes my blog. I'm aiming for more content and to engage more with other lovely people on the internet.

5. Get rid of the junk

Which means clean up my room more often, and let go of the clothes I never use that just pile up. I actually really really want to revamp my closet because I feel like my personal style is so different now. I'm thinking of investing more on quality basic pieces that I can wear over and over again.

To eat less chocolate and sweets. I don't know if I'll be able to do this but let me just put this out here. 

Also, get rid of the junk that could be toxic people too.


________________

 I'd love to hear about your goals and resolutions too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment