HOME            ABOUT           PHOTOS           TRAVEL             LIFESTYLE            WRITINGS





30 September 2017

DISNEYLAND FOR THE FIRST TIME

Just like many other first times, this one has got to be documented. I have finally been able to live out my childhood dream at 22. I've always heard people say that Disneyland is the best and the happiest place on earth. I may have believed it when I was 7, but I didn't really believe it then when we were on the Eurostar en route to Disneyland last October. Don't get me wrong, I was super excited for the trip. I just didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did. Disneyland must have casted a spell as soon as I walked through those gates, because I was running and dancing like a child. Squealed when I saw a Princess and got a bit emotional during the lights show.  Despite the long queues and super over priced food, it was magical.



  

Every afternoon at 18:30, the parade happens. We made sure that we were front row for this, we had to save our spot and waited, sat on the floor for more than an hour. I can't guarantee though that I did not push some kids aside just to get the best view.




The aftermath of the parade. 



It was this little one's 5th birthday that made us all go. She had the best days of her life. So far. 



I adored the castle. Makes me want to see the real one so badly. 






Another exciting thing that we did was to look for the different stations where you can meet and greet the characters. Aside from Alice, we had a chance to meet Ariel without having to queue for so long. Though I didn't get to take a picture because I was starstruck.




Also, just a little tip. Don't forget that there are shows happening throughout the day just behind the castle. It's a good way to see more characters, be entertained and a reason to sit down on the floor! Because if you haven't been, and like me it's going to be your first time... I'm telling you now that there's not much benches to sit around the park. Aside from the chairs in the restaurant areas that charge you a fortune for rubbish food. Oops. There I said it.

My advice: go to the restaurant that sells pasta and pizza, because guaranteed all that carbs will fill you up and you'll get back a portion of your money's worth. (10-15 euros for a meal)

Advice no. 2: bring your own bottles of water and snacks! Bottled waters cost a lot in there, so bring your own and top it up in the water fountains. Also, bring some of your own food but not too much. A sandwich and some crisp will get past security.








After spending 2 days in Disneyland, I understood completely why people have said over and over again that it was the happiest place. Because it is. I felt like I was in a different world, and I forgot about my life that is reality. There was a different rush when I saw the characters that I was "looking up to" when I was a kid. All the animated characters came to life, and it just feels so exciting.

To add to the thrill, we also went on some rides that just completed the whole experience.

Our favourite rides:
  • Hyper space mountain (personal fave)
  • Indiana Jones
  • Pirates of the Carribean
  • Big Thunder Mountain (this one has a really small height restriction so we thought it would be okay for our little cousin to go on. Turns out, it was INTENSE. My little cousin hated that ride.)
  • It's a small world

No comments:

Post a Comment